Santa Barbara Real Estate Investors Association (SBREIA)
CODE OF ETHICS & CONDUCT
The buying, selling, ownership, and management of real estate are highly regulated segments of our free enterprise system in the United States. As such, all members of the Santa Barbara Real Estate Investors Association (SBREIA) must treat this enterprise with the utmost professionalism.
SBREIA membership includes each member in an organization of people who are intent upon expanding their knowledge of real estate investing and management. In order to pursue these activities in a legal and ethical manner, all members of SBREIA will be held to a higher standard of ethical behavior. This includes, but is not limited to, the following list of behaviors.
- Therefore, all members of SBREIA shall:
Conduct themselves professionally, with the highest level of integrity, accuracy, fairness, and responsibility to the public;
- Not represent conflicting or competing interests in their investing or management activities, or when this is unavoidable, there must be full disclosure to all parties involved;
- Not take unfair advantage or malign other members, property owners or residents;
Not engage in or tolerate other members engaging in illegal practices of any nature;
- Comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, including housing code standards for health, safety, and habitability;
- Not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, age, religion, creed, sex, country of national origin, children, marital status, or disability;
- Not place themselves in such a position where their interests may be in conflict, or appear to be in conflict, with the good of the organization;
- Not intentionally communicate false or misleading information which may compromise the integrity of the organization;
- Not use the SBREIA logo, or other identification material or slogans, without the express written permission of the SBREIA.
- Not make any unauthorized representations to the public, press or media with regards to SBREIA’s position on any matter, and not represent any legislative or political position as though it is that of the organization, without Board approval.
- Endeavor to promote SBREIA in its positive image within the community, and to aid and assist in the organization’s growth.Those who want SBREIA to take action against a member, for what they perceive to be unethical behavior, must present their case to the SBREIA President and also have read our Disclosures.
Complaints filed on Contact Form at bottom of “SBREIA” front page.